Irina Interview!


Recently I got a chance to sit down with "Something About You" singer Irina. I put together this fun little interview and she answered all the questions! I certainly learned a lot about her myself, so here it is for everyone to enjoy!

-----


Short Bio
- Full name: Irina Shapiro
- Favorite color: Red and White
- Favorite food: Vegetarian food.
- Song(s) stuck in your head recently:  ''Sweet Nothing'' by Calvin Harris
- Something you support: I support old people, and kids without families.
- Something that annoys you to no end: My character. :)))
- Your motto: Never give up!
- "Something about you" that nobody would ever guess: I’ve never tried any drugs or smoked any cigarettes, my life is music language.
- "Something about you" that you love: Crazy sexy drive!
- "Something about you" that has changed recently: My mood.

Questions
- Tell us about your debut single, Something About You. What did you think when you first heard the finished song?

I was so so upset for the first time, usually artists behave like that, but right after I started listening to it again and again I realized that it’s a single, my first single!

- What was it like to film the video? Tell us the best and worst parts of the process.

That was so magical, everything was so exciting! It was very hard to dance on the chair when there was a huge hot hot projector light behind me, and the sexiest part is dancing in the rain! So extremely emotional!

- How sexy did you feel dancing on that chair?

Haha! Very sexy like a scrambled egg, in a sexy black catsuit! Haha! Very sexy, I was trying to engender the feeling of excitement for a man.

- What do you think about the remixes for Something About You? If you had to choose a favorite one, which would it be?

I love all the remixes of SAY they are really all great and it depends on your actual mood. All DJ's are great personalities. I am so blessed to work with these people!

- Out of all the tracks you've put out on your SoundCloud, which one would you say is the most close and personal to you?

You know, all the tracks were written in such different moments of my life, but still they’re all about love and hope. All of them maybe contain a major sign of love but they are all about different intentions, different situations and stories…

- Tell us about your next single One Last Kiss. Is it anything like Something About You?

OLK was written by Dave Aude, Luciana Corposo, her husband Nick, and I. There was such a great vibe and such great positive energy co-writing with them! It’s a strong title for anyone who is in love, or who is broken up and waiting for a miracle. It gives hope, big hope for a better future that is waiting for us all right now! What can be better than to give hope? And majorly, it’s about love which is a BIG SALVATION FOR OUR NATION RIGHT NOW!

- If you had one last kiss, who would it be with?

Haha, this is a big secret. ;)

- Tell us about your traveling. Do you have a home in both Russia and the USA? Where do you spend the most time lately? 

I'm Irina Global, I live in Miami and Los Angeles mostly. :) Also Russia, in Moscow, but only for a few months in a year.

- What would you say is the biggest difference between being in Russia and being in the USA?

I’m a vegetarian, haha, but if you want me to be hilarious, I think it’s McDonald's! Here in Moscow it’s much tastier than in the USA. Haha, pardon me! Honestly being in the USA for me means to run towards success and freedom!

- The most internationally known Russian musical act is t.A.T.u. - are you a fan? Do you have any favorite tracks by them?

They were a great group in the past with huge possibilities…unfortunately I grew up on a different level of music culture. I'm proud that they are the first Russians to take over in the USA, but for me it’s a pure example of when two big personalities can’t share the trophy of fame and glory between each other. It is sad, and I hope they’ll reunite one day.

- What is your goal with your music? Is there a certain thing you want to accomplish with it?

I want to sing about love passion and all that contain the word love! I want to fill people with great energy and great positive feelings, as well as hope and belief! I think it’s major in life to have someone who can fill you with that!

- Tell us about an album. Do you plan to release one soon? 

Yes, I have a lot of songs for an album, but for now we are thinking about the strategy. :)

- What would you like to say to all of your fans who read this?

I love you, I need you, and thank you for all your kind support! All I want to do is make this complicated world a little bit better, fill the air with love and passion, and engender more positive energy in the hearts of human beings!

-----

Isn't she just the sweetest? Check out my post on her debut single here, where you can find info and links to Irina around the web.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Excellent post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Bless you!

Here is my website weightloss clinics

Popular posts from this blog

Alexandra Stan - Lollipop

Artist of the Month July - Kristine W

Utada Hikaru (Cubic U) - Precious